Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nay: 2010 Vintage Ale

This pint of "Dark Ale Brewed with Spices" was featured in a precariously stacked endcap at the front of the store around the holidays. As of yesterday, the stack hadn't diminished much but had been moved towards the back. 


I myself have tried it twice now and am still somewhat on the fence.  It is fairly strong at 9% alc./vol. so the flavor is similarily strong.  I tend to like these kinds of beers, but I thought that the spices were a little heavy handed in this one.  However, that also tends to work with the scents and foods of the holidays, so this may be a nice a choice for trimming the tree on a Saturday afternoon. 



The display sign has an additional note reading "Ages Well".  Don't let it age too long though. 
Seems that it expires in just under two years. 



Final Judgement: At $4.99, its not a terrible shot to the wallet.  But if I were to go in to grab a pint at TJ's, I would probably look at the Ommengang Brewery line which runs about a dollar more.

No comments:

Post a Comment