Monday, January 10, 2011

Yay: Mini Pearl Grape Tomatoes

I normally don't get very much produce from Trader Joe's.  The selection can be a little thin and the prices aren't all that great.  Also weighing against it is the fact that there is a great, cheap produce market not too far away.  But even that market comes up short sometimes, and I've found a few reliables at TJ's.


One of the standouts seems to be the Mini Pearl Grape Tomatoes. Even in the off-season, these tomatoes are almost always in pretty good shape.  They're bite-sized and make a great snack or addition to salads.  At $2.49/package, I think they're also a little cheaper than you'd find at a regular grocery store. (Can I abbreviate that with RGC? Let me know in "Comments")


As I write this, I do notice that this batch is oddly large.  They are typically the size of an average grape, but these are almost the size of clementines.  Still, they're pretty fresh and juicy....considering its the middle of January in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment